Available via both Spartan Medical’s
Supporting Product Literature:
- Microlyte® Bioresorbable Matrix Brochure [Download PDF]
Next Generation Antimicrobial Matrix
Microlyte® Matrix absorbs wound fluid and transforms into a bioresorbable gel that intimately contours to the underlying wound bed. It maintains a physiologically moist microenvironment. In vitro and in vivo, studies indicate that components of the matrix allow cell growth and neovascularization. 1,2,3
- Bioresorbable Matrix: 100% bioresorbable polymer matrix eliminates the need to remove residual matrix from the wound 2
- Contours to Wound Bed: Absorbs wound fluid and serves as scaffold for cell migration, vascularization, granulation tissue formation1,2.
- Transparent & Synthetic: Allows for clear view of wound bed, isn’t of human or animal origin, and holds a long room-temp. shelf life 6
- Low Residual Toxicity: Less wound staining and needs only ˜1 µg/cm² Ag+ to kill microbes on the tissue surface 7
Thirty-two patients with a total of 35 chronic, nonhealing wounds of varying types were treated with Microlyte® Matrix once every three days. At 3 weeks, 72% of wounds had significantly improved healing with an average wound area reduction of 66%. By 12 weeks, 91% of wounds either healed completely or improved significantly with an average wound area reduction of 73%. The application of Microlyte® Matrix was safe and well tolerated, and it facilitated improvements in healing of a majority of the complex chronic wounds studied. Click Here to read the full article from the November issue of WOUNDS.
REFERENCES 1 A Agarwal, et al. Biomaterials, 31 (4), 680-690, 2010. 2 Systemic Toxicity, Local Tissue Response, and Wound Healing Study of Microlyte Ag wound dressing, Following Repeated Treatment to Full-Thickness Wounds in Rats – 28 Days. Study 15T_41113_02, 2015. Data on file, Imbed Biosciences. 3 MTT cytotoxicity testing conducted at NAMSA. Data on file at Imbed Biosciences. 4 FDA 510k application. Data on file, Imbed Biosciences. 5 As demonstrated in vitro
All necessary regulatory documentation, instructions for use, published studies, patient education tools, etc. (as applicable) can be provided upon request by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org or (888) 240-8091. We are available at any time to meet with Providers and Staff to answer any questions about Spartan Medical’s entire portfolio of advanced medical solutions.